Kainaz Cowasjee, M.A., R.C.C.
Kainaz is a Registered Clinical Counsellor who has gained diverse competencies from counselling in various settings such as the Vancouver School Board, Child & Youth Mental Health, non-profit organizations and in private practice. She is a graduate of the University of Victoria, where she received her Masters in Child and Youth Care/ Counselling. Kainaz has experience counselling in several realms of mental health and relationship issues. She understands the potential for positive human change, emotional growth and connection in her practice. Her approach is person-centered and she pays close attention to relationships, core values and goal setting when working towards lasting change that is meaningful.
Therapeutic Approaches May Include:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Focussed Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Emotion Focussed Family Therapy (EFFT)
- Satir Systemic Brief Therapy
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Narrative Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Sand Tray Interventions
Areas of Practice:
- Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Individual Specializations
- Suicide Ideation
- Self- Harm
Kainaz is currently unavailable until further notice. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.